Dental Master's Thesis Award Program
Call for Submissions
The Delta Dental Foundation invites master of science students at the dental schools in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana to submit proposals for the Dental Master’s Thesis Award Program. This program is intended to encourage thesis research that is of direct relevance to the costs or outcomes of dental care.
The Dental Master’s Thesis Award offers up to $3,000 to cover costs associated with the conduct of master’s thesis research. Applications may be submitted at any time.
- These funds can cover materials, supplies and rental of necessary equipment.
- Salaries, wages, indirect costs and the purchase of equipment will not be covered.
- A detailed budget with justification for expenditures is required.
- Partial funding may be approved, dependent on reasonableness of the budget and availability of funds.
- A copy of the final thesis must be provided to Delta Dental Foundation upon its completion.
How to Apply
Complete the Dental Master's Thesis Award grant application and prepare the following information:
- A proposal, no longer than three pages, that includes a description of the proposed project, starting with a one-paragraph project summary. Justification of sample size, including power calculations, should be included.
- A budget, listing all expenses to be covered by these funds, with justification for each major category. If human subjects are to be involved, enclose a copy of the Human Subjects Review Committee approval.
- A letter of endorsement from the thesis committee chair. This letter should acknowledge that the proposed research has been evaluated for scientific merit and has been approved as the basis for the master’s thesis.
Dental Master’s Thesis Award Program
Delta Dental Foundation
PO Box 293
Okemos, MI 48805-0293
For more information, contact the Delta Dental Foundation at:
(517) 347-5333 P
(517) 347-5320 F
About the Award Sponsor
The Delta Dental Foundation is the philanthropic affiliate of the Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. Its purpose is to fund educational and research projects in dentistry and to promote the oral health of the public.