Delta Dental Foundation awards top honor to five graduates
OKEMOS, Mich., (May 24, 2012) — The Delta Dental Foundation recently honored five graduates from dental schools across Michigan, Ohio and Indiana with its prestigious Student Leadership Award. Based on academic performance, leadership and enthusiasm to serve their community, the individuals were chosen because of their proven commitment in each of these areas.
The recipients from Michigan are:
- Sarah McDermott, D.D.S. of Germantown, Wis., a graduate of the University of Michigan School of Dentistry
- Lindsay Smith, D.D.S. of Montrose, Mich., a graduate of the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry
The recipients from Ohio are:
- Brittney Andress, D.M.D. of Brockville, Ontario, Canada, a graduate of Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine
- Hannah Beus, D.D.S. of Fruit Heights, Utah, a graduate of The Ohio State University College of Dentistry
The recipient from Indiana is:
- Stephanie So, D.D.S. of Cambodia, a graduate of the Indiana University School of Dentistry.
Since 2001, the Delta Dental Foundation has granted the award to one senior dental student from five schools including Case Western Reserve University, The Ohio State University, Indiana University, University of Michigan and University of Detroit Mercy. Furthermore, the Foundation has provided eight scholarships per school, or 40 in total, to undergraduate dental students.
About Delta Dental Foundation
The Delta Dental Foundation is a nonprofit, charitable organization established in 1980, which serves as the philanthropic arm of Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and North Carolina. The Foundation’s goals are to support education and research for the advancement of dental science, and to promote the oral health of the public through education and service activities, particularly for those with special needs. For more information, visit www.deltadentalmi.com/ddf.